Staff Roles are also called Access Roles and these roles are a part of access control. In this article, we will go walk through creating these roles.
Things to know:
- Only those with an enterprise subscription have access to the Manage Roles option, which allows businesses to create custom roles
- Each role can have its own set of permissions
- Staff members must have a user account to be assigned staff roles
- There are a few predefined staff roles:
- Service Provider - staff members that provide service and are visible on the scheduler to be booked
- Support Staff - these staff members do not take appointments but you can track their hours and compensation
- Location Manager- can assign access roles to staff members at their locations
Creating Staff Roles
- Navigate to Business Setup > Staff and Availability
- Click 'Access Control Setting'
- At the top right-hand corner, click 'Manage Access Roles'
- The Manage Access Level modal will appear
- Click '+ Add New Access Role' to create a new role
- Enter the name of the staff role
- Click the 'Close' button to close the modal
Once created, you can begin configuring this role's access control permissions
The role will be displayed below the Access Level section on each staff member's profile
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.