In MyTime, staff roles, also referred to as access roles, play a crucial role in access control. These roles define the permissions and capabilities of staff members within the system. By assigning specific roles to each staff member, businesses can control access to various features and functionalities. In this article, we will go walk through creating these roles.
Things to know:
- There are a few predefined staff roles in MyTime:
- Location Owner - This role is automatically assigned to the account owner when the account is created.
- Service Provider - This role is for staff members who will be providing services. They can also be assigned to other roles.
- Support Staff - This role does not take appointments but you can track their hours and compensation. For instance, Receptionist, etc.
- Location Manager - This role is for staff members who will be managing the day to day operations of the business.
- Kiosk - This role is only displayed if your account has Kiosk enabled. This role disables MyTime login and only allows users to log in via the kiosk.
- For users with an enterprise subscription, MyTime offers the flexibility to create custom roles tailored to your business needs. Custom roles alone do not grant the ability to perform services. To enable a staff member with a custom role to perform services, it is necessary to assign the default service provider role in addition to the custom role.
- Staff members must have a user account to be assigned staff roles
- Each role can have its own set of permissions
Creating Staff Roles
To create a custom role:
- Navigate to Business Setup > Staff and Availability
- Click 'Access Control Setting'
- At the top right-hand corner, click 'Manage Access Roles'
- The Manage Access Level modal will appear
- Click '+ Add New Access Role' to create a new role
- Enter the name of the staff role
- Click the 'Close' button to close the modal
Once created, you can begin configuring this role's access control permissions
The role will be displayed below the Access Level section on each staff member's profile
For more information contact us at email@example.com.