Clients can sign the waiver in-store using an iPad, a computer mouse, or an Ingenico payment terminal. This article will walk you through the steps of signing a waiver using a payment terminal.
Things to know:
- The ability to sign waivers via terminal is only supported on the Lane/8000, Lane/7000, and Move/5000 Ingenico terminals.
- Waiver terms and conditions are only displayed on the terminal when the "Display Waiver on Terminal Screen Before Requesting Client Signature" setting on Business Setup > Settings is enabled.
- The waiver display will time out after 60 seconds (managed by Cloud9) for businesses with lengthy waivers. We do, however, have a retry option for this to restart the display after it has timed out; unfortunately, it is not continuous, so your clients will have to scroll back to where they left off and continue.
- The "Request Signature" option will be hidden on the waiver modal on the client profile when filtered by a location where no terminal has been configured.
- Only Ingenico terminals configured at the selected location will be visible in the "Request Signature" dropdown menu
Enable Display Waiver Terms & Conditions on Terminal Screen Setting
- Navigate to Business setup > Settings
- Locate the POS section
- Toggle the "Display Waiver on Terminal Screen Before Requesting Client Signature" setting to YES
Sign Waiver via Terminal
To allow a client to sign a waiver via the Ingenico payment terminal:
- Navigate to the Clients Manager
- Select the desired client
- Expand the "Add Waiver" dropdown menu
- Select the desired waiver from the list
- Once the waiver is selected, a modal will appear
- If your company has multiple locations, use the location filter to select the desired location
- Next, select the "Request Signature" option, this will display the instructions. If a location is selected that does not have a terminal configured, the "Request Signature" option will be hidden.
- A drop-down menu will then show the terminals configured for that location, select the desired terminal. Note: A dropdown will be displayed if more than one terminal is configured, if not, it will continue to the next step
- After selecting the 'Request Signature' hyperlink, it will take a few seconds to connect to the selected terminal
- Instruct the client to preview and accept the waiver terms and conditions
- If they accept, they will be directed to the signature screen. If they decline, the window closes and the splash screen returns to normal.
- On the signature screen they will sign then tap the 'OK' button
- When the client's signature is entered, a confirmation will appear on their profile
The signed waiver will be visible on the client's profile
For more information contact us at email@example.com.