The Google tag lets you send data from your website to linked Google product destinations to help you measure the effectiveness of your website and ads. The Google tag is currently only accessible and configurable from Google Ads and Google Analytics 4. When the GTM code is entered on MyTime, the booking widget will have full GTM capability.
In this article, we'll go through how to set up Google Tag Manager tracking on your MyTime embeddable widget on your website or the express checkout page.
Configure Google Tag Manager Code
- Go to https://tagmanager.google.com/#/home
Sign in with your credentials
Click the name of your website
- The Google Tag Manager dashboard displays your tracking id, which is formatted as (GTM-XXXXXX)
- Select the tracking id by clicking on it
- Copy the function code in the window (highlighted in the image below)
In Google Tag Manager, create a custom variable with the following setup
Add that custom variable to the Google Analytics Tag deployed via Google Tag Manager
Add Google Analytics Tag on MyTime
Log into your MyTime account:
- Navigate to Business Setup > Website Tools
- Select the Setup button next to Add Appointment Booking to Your Website
- You can choose to install a widget or express checkout link
- Click the 'Setup Booking Widget" button
- You will be directed to the customization page
Paste the function code in the Google Tag Manager text box.
Embed the code in your website
If you have any questions, please contact our Support Team at email@example.com.
Google Analytics 4 (GA4) Tracking