Google Tag Manager is a tag management system that has the same functionality as the Google tag and lets you configure and instantly deploy tags on your website or mobile app from an easy-to-use web-based interface.
Google Analytics lets you measure your advertising ROI and track your Flash, video, and social networking sites and applications.
In this article, we will walk through the steps of integrating Google Tag Manager with Google Analytics on MyTime.
To get started:
- Navigate to Business Setup > Website Tools
- Select the Setup button next to Add Appointment Booking to Your Website
- You can choose to install a widget or express checkout link
- Express Checkout - When clients click the Express Checkout Book Now button, they are redirected to your MyTime booking page. The Book Now button is free for everyone with a MyTime account.
- Widget - The client books directly on your website. When the client clicks on the widget, a popup will appear directly on your website that allows clients to book (see examples below). Booking through a widget is free for merchants on Premium and Enterprise MyTime subscriptions, and costs $0.75 per transaction for businesses without a Premium subscription.
- Click the 'Setup Booking Widget" button
- You will be directed to the customization page
Step 1 - Paste the Google Tag Manager function code in the Google Tag Manager text box
Step 2 - In Google Tag Manager, create a custom variable with the following setup
Step 3 - Add that custom variable to the Google Analytics Tag deployed via Google Tag Manager
If you have any questions, please contact our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.