The Auto-calculate Price for Multi-Day Appointments feature allows you to specify a start and end date for a service and have the price calculated dynamically. When enabled, the appointment modal will show two new fields: one for the multiplier and one for the final price. The final price is calculated by multiplying the initial service price by the multiplier. In this article, we'll walk through how to utilize the service multiplier feature.
Things to know:
- To enable the hidden setting, please contact our Support Team at email@example.com
- The multiplier, initial price, and final price input fields are not editable on the appointment modal or in POS. When the service duration is extended to multiple days, the multiplier is adjusted to match the number of days selected for the service.
- The multiplier feature is not compatible with recurring appointments. Once saved, the service's original price will be restored.
- Any changes to the appointment that causes price recalculation will reset the multiplier to 1 and the service price to the initial price. For example, if you change the staff member or client, move the appointment on the calendar, or use the Book Again option, the multiplier returns to 1 and the price is reset.
- If an appointment is redone, the price for the redo appointment will be $0
- Reports will display the final price
- The multiplier feature can also be used for services that are less than a day long. By moving the end date forward a few days, the multiplier will be applied based on the days selected. eg. If the service begins on February 20 and ends on February 24, the multiplier changes to 4 to match the four days chosen.
Once the feature is enabled, you will see the multiplier option visible on the appointment modal when adding a new appointment.
- Navigate to the Schedule
- Filter by the desired location
- Click on the ‘New Appointment’ button below the calendar on the left-hand side of the Schedule or on a specific time slot directly in the schedule
- When the appointment modal opens, select the client > service > and change the end date to multiple days based on the need of the service
- Save the appointment
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.