This article will walk you through the steps of configuring webhooks in MyTime.
Things to know:
- The Webhooks feature flag is controlled by a hidden setting that only the MyTime team can enable. To enable the hidden setting, please contact our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The feature flag must be enabled on the parent account as well as any child accounts for which webhooks are desired.
- If the webhooks flag is disabled for a child company, webhooks will not be called for that child company even if the flag is enabled on the parent.
- Webhook configuration interface is not shown in Business Setup > Settings on child accounts.
The endpoints are configured to receive callbacks on a per-company and a per-object (appointment, client, employee, etc) basis which makes them highly customizable.
If your endpoint requires authentication, we support either an API key signature (x-api-key header) that will be validated on the receiving end or an HMAC key we will use to sign requests.
If a configured endpoint returns an error response, MyTime will make 5 additional webhook notification attempts to that endpoint. For a 400 error response status, NO additional attempts are made.
Once the hidden setting is enabled, a webhooks section on the Business Setup > Settings page for the parent account will be visible. To configure webhooks:
On the parent account, navigate to Business Setup > Settings
Scroll down to the Webhook Settings section and use the UI below to configure your webhooks
- Save your changes once you're satisfied
When a specific event is triggered, MyTime Webhooks notifies your application and returns a response object. Additional information relating to webhooks can be found here.