Prerequisite services are those that must be completed before the client can receive a specific service. A consultation, for example, is required before booking a hair coloring service. This will ensure that the client does not have any allergies or skin conditions that would interfere with the type of product used for the hair coloring service.
In this article, you will learn how to:
- Configure Prerequisite Services
- Set Up Prerequisite Services
- Book Appointments for Prerequisite Services
Things to know:
- The prerequisite services feature is set per account, not per location. If an account has multiple locations, the setting will be applied to all locations.
- Prerequisite services cannot be tailored to a specific client type. For instance, new client vs. existing client
- This feature is not applicable to add-on services:
- Add-ons will not be available as a prerequisite service for regular services
- The prerequisite dropdown will not be displayed in the add-on service modal
- Only after completing the prerequisite service can a client book the main service.
- On the booking widget, services whose prerequisites have not been completed will not be selectable.
- If a staff member attempts to schedule an appointment with a prerequisite, a warning will appear on the Scheduler, indicating which prerequisite services are required. This is only a warning, and the staff member will not be prevented from scheduling the service.
- Services whose prerequisites have not been completed will not be selectable on the booking widget until the prerequisite service is completed.
Configure Prerequisite Services
To set up prerequisite services:
- Navigate to Business Setup > Settings
- Enable the Prerequisite Services setting
Set Up Prerequisite Services
To set up prerequisite services:
- Navigate to Business Setup > Services Menu
- Add a service variation under the desired service category you created
- Expand the prerequisite service filter
- Select the required services
The prerequisite service(s) is now connected to the primary service.
Book Appointments for Prerequisite Services
Book Appointments for Prerequisite Services In-Store
If a staff member attempts to book the main service and the client, pet, or family member has not completed the prerequisite services for the main service, a warning will appear on the appointment modal "Note: Client has not completed prerequisite service(s)".
The staff member will be able to bypass this and book the main service even if the prerequisite service is not completed.
Book Appointments for Prerequisite Services on Booking Widget
Services whose prerequisites have not been completed will not be selectable on the booking widget until the prerequisite service is completed.
1. In the scheduler, after the error message is shown, will employees be able to proceed with creating the appointment?
Yes, employees can bypass the requirement. Users in online booking cannot.
2. If several prerequisite services are selected, do all of them have to be completed prior to booking the appointment?
Yes, all of the prerequisite services must be completed.
3. Will prerequisite services be available on child accounts for global services?
Yes, child services will be allowed to choose global services as prerequisites
4. Is this implemented for kiosk?
Not at this time.
5. Can the service that needs prerequisite service be selected as a custom service on the client profile?
6. When a service that requires a prerequisite service is added from the POS, will a warning appear on the appointment modal?
Yes, we display a warning message, but it does not prevent staff members from making an appointment.
7. What happens if a prerequisite service has been deleted/no longer offered by the business (location)?
Then it can no longer prevent the other service from being booked.
8. Can prerequisite services be configured at the parent or only at the child level?