Quick Start Guide:
- Turn on/off the reader
- When you first receive the device, install the battery. With the back of the device facing you, lift up from the indentation at the bottom left corner to detach the back cover. Insert the battery by sliding it into the exposed slot with the gold connectors at the top aligned. After the battery is in place, charge the reader by using an outlet or the optional ethernet dock. Connect the reader to power by plugging the provided cable into the port with the lightning bolt symbol.
After the reader is fully charged, hold down the power button on the right-hand side until the screen turns on. After the device powers on, press the power button to sleep or wake the device. To fully power off the device, hold down the power button until the power off option is shown on the screen, then select it.
- Access admin settings
To open the settings menu, swipe right from the left edge of the reader screen to reveal a settings button. Tap the settings button and enter the admin PIN 07139. From here, you can update your WiFi settings or generate a pairing code for device registration. Battery status is displayed at the top right of this screen. To close the settings screen, click the back arrow in the top left corner.
- Connect to the internet
To connect to WiFi or switch networks, go to settings, then select WiFi settings to choose the network and connect. Attempting to join a new network disconnects the reader from any existing wireless connection. The WiFi connection of the Stripe Terminal must be the same as the device you are running MyTime on. Example: The Stripe Terminal CAN NOT be on ABC123 network name while your PC running MyTime is on XYZ789 network name.
Your WiFi network must use WPA-Personal or WPA2-Personal encryption and be password protected. Non-password-protected networks or enterprise networks are not supported. If needed, you can set a static IP on the device from the wireless settings screen.
- Connect to MyTime
- Click here or navigate to setup > settings > scroll down to Payment Terminal Management
- Click Add Payment Terminal
- Enter into the Stripe Terminal admin menu (see step 2 above) and click Generate Pairing Code
- The Stripe Terminal will generate a pairing code
- Enter this pairing code into MyTime where it says Secret Phrase
- Select a name for your Stripe Terminal. You can name it anything you would like, for example, Terminal 1
- Click Save
- Refresh your browser and that's it, you are ready to take payments using your Stripe Terminal!
For the full setup guide from Stripe click here.
- Stripe Terminal is not responding:
- Stripe Terminal and your PC must be on the same network.
- If you have a firewall see the document here.