Businesses can set the minimum gift card amount that can be purchased on the booking widget. This can be configured via the Business Setup > Settings page. This does not apply to in-store gift cards. For example, if the minimum amount is set to $20, a client who tries to purchase a gift card on the booking widget for less than $20 will be unable to proceed.
Things to know:
- The default minimum amount is $0
- An error message stating "Amount must be at least $x" will be displayed on the booking widget based on the minimum amount configured.
Configure Gift Card Minimum Amount
To configure the gift card minimum amount:
- Navigate to Business Setup > Settings
- Scroll down to the Gift Cards section
- Add the desired value in the "Minimum amount for gift cards" field
Client Online Experience
See the example below:
- Go to your booking widget/website
- Choose the desired location (applicable for accounts with multiple locations)
- Select the Gift Cards link in the header
- Enter the details of the purchase
- Add an amount less than $20
- Continue Checkout
- An error message is displayed "Amount must be at least $20"
- In order to proceed, the amount will have to be increased. Once that is done, the gift card can be successfully purchased.