Clients can use the kiosk to add themselves to the waitlist and view the expected wait times for services to begin. In this article, we will walk through how to utilize the Walk-in Waitlist via Kiosk.
Things to know:
- The estimated wait time is based on the selected employee's availability (working hours and appointments) and resource availability. It is calculated by the next available appointment start time minus the current time. So if the next available appointment slot is at 9:00 am and it is now 8:45 am, the estimated wait time that will be shown to clients will be 15 minutes.
- The ‘Next Available’ staff algorithm for the Waitlist is calculated like this:
- Which employees can perform the appointment sooner?
- Which is the least busy employee now? If employee A already has an appointment, but he can perform 2 appointments at the same time but B and C have no appointments now, then the system will choose between B and C.
- Which had an appointment auto-assigned recently? If we auto-assigned an appointment to B a few minutes ago and to A 1 hour ago, then A will be preferred by the system.
When your clients enter the store, they will be able to add themselves to the waitlist using the kiosk. Before they do so, they will see the estimated wait time and the number of people currently on the waiting list. To be added to the waitlist, they should:
- Select the Walk-in option on the kiosk screen
- Enter their phone number or email address
- Click on the "Go" button
- Determine whether they are checking in for themselves, a family member, or both
- If they are a new client, they must enter their name and other pertinent information. If they are an existing client, their information will be auto-populated.
- Select the "Continue" button
- Select the desired service/services and select the "Continue" button
- Complete the intake form and select the "Continue" button
- Choose the desired service provider (if there is a preference) or "Next Available" option
- Select the "Check In" button on the Summary screen
- Select the "Done" button on the confirmation screen
The client will be successfully added to the waitlist.