In this article, we will walk through how tips can be split automatically on POS tickets for multi-staff appointments.
Things to know:
- If a single tip is left, it will be automatically allocated to the staff members who performed the services. The tip allocation can be manually edited on the ticket if you wish.
- The tip allocation is based on the service revenue of each staff member divided by the total appointment cost.
Let's look at an example:
- Navigate to Scheduler
- Create a multi-staff appointment and save
- Open the appointment from step 2 and click on the Checkout button
- Add tip amount but do not allocate/split it
- Take payment and close the ticket
The system will automatically split the tip based on the service revenue of each staff member divided by the total appointment cost. See an example below:
Service revenue for Laura - $60
Service revenue for James - $40
Total service revenue - $100
Tip - $20
Tip allocation for Laura
$60 / $100 = 0.6
0.6 x $20 = $12
Tip allocation for James
$40 / $100 = 0.4
0.4 x $20 = $8
If you have any questions, please contact our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.