MyTime allows businesses the ability to set city, state, and local taxes per location for services, products, classes, packages, memberships, or environmental fees. Once configured, taxes are added automatically during the checkout process in POS. In this article, we will walk through the process of setting up taxes.
Things to know:
- Tax cannot be set for gift cards
- For services and products, taxes are set by category
- Taxes can be set for the add-on category or individual add-on services. This is controlled by a hidden setting that only the MyTime team can enable. To enable the hidden setting, please contact our Support Team at email@example.com.
- Once a tax is configured for an item group, it cannot be removed on the POS ticket directly. It can only be edited/deleted in Inventory > Settings
To get started:
- Navigate to POS > Inventory
- Select the Settings link at the top right
- Click on the + Add Another Tax link
- When the modal opens, you will be able to add the following:
- Tax Name* - The name of the tax that should be displayed on the POS ticket. This field is required.
- Regular Rate* - Enter the tax percentage that should be charged. This field is required.
- Exempt Rate - This is the rate a client will be taxed at when they are marked as 'tax exempt' on their client profile or in POS.
- Applicable Locations - Select the locations where the tax will be applicable
- Applies to- This is where you can select what the tax should be applied to. For example, if your state has a mandatory service tax that applies to only specific services, you can select those categories from the list.
- Service Categories - Allows you to select all or individual service categories
- Add-ons - Allows you to select all or individual add-on services.
- The add-on field will be greyed out and unavailable if you check the add-on checkbox in the service category field
- If you choose to update a sale tax that was configured before the add-on setting was enabled, you will not be able to make any selection in the add-on field. When you attempt to do so, the add-on field will be greyed out.
- Product Categories - Allows you to select all or individual product categories
- Memberships - Allows you to select all or individual memberships
- Class - Allows you to select all or individual classes
- Packages - Allows you to select all or individual packages
- Environmental fee - Allows you to select all or individual environmental fees
- Once configured, click Save in the modal
- Then save it again on the main tax setup page
The tax will be applied in POS and the booking widget when checking out a client. The tax will also be visible on receipts printed or receipts sent via email or text message.
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.