MyTime allows businesses the ability to set city, state, and local taxes per location for the services, products, classes, packages, memberships, or environmental fees. Once configured, taxes are added automatically during the checkout process in POS. In this article, we will walk through the process of setting up taxes.
Things to know:
- Tax cannot be set for gift cards
- For services and products, taxes are set by category
- Once a tax is configured for an item group, it cannot be removed on the POS ticket directly. It can only be edited/deleted in Inventory > Settings.
To get started:
- Navigate to POS > Inventory
- Select the Settings link at the top right
- Click on the + Add Another Tax link
- When the modal opens, you will be able to add the following:
- Tax Name* - The name of the tax that should be displayed on the POS ticket. This field is required.
- Regular Rate* - Enter the tax percentage that should be charged. This field is required.
- Exempt Rate - This is the rate a client will be taxed at when they are marked as 'tax exempt' on their client profile or in POS.
- Applicable Locations - Select the locations where the tax will be applicable
- Applies to- This is where you can select the service or product category the tax is applicable for or the name of the membership, package, class, or environmental fee that the tax should be applied. For example, if your state has a mandatory service tax that applies to only specific services, you can select those categories from the list.
- Click Save in the modal
- Then save again on the main tax setup page
The tax will be applied to services when checking out a client's appointment in POS.