On the Inventory report, location/company owners have the ability to record historical inventory levels by saving a snapshot of the data as of that moment and downloading it later as a CSV. This can be done manually as necessary or automatically on a nightly basis.
Things to note:
- The manual snapshot feature is available by default on all merchants
- The “Take Daily Inventory Snapshot” setting can be activated on your Business Setup > Settings page.
- The snapshot is only available to location/company owners
- If you filter by a location with no data, the option to generate the snapshot will NOT be visible.
- The snapshot button is visible as long as you don't change filters - If you change filters, the button will disappear but will reappear after you click the Update button. This was done to avoid confusion and make sure that you understand what data is being snapshotted.
- The snapshot ignores the location filter - So if loc 1 is selected, when the snapshot is generated it will display data for all locations.
To set up automatic nightly snapshots:
- Navigate to Business Setup > Settings
- Scroll down to the Reports section
- Set the "Take Daily Inventory Snapshot" setting to YES
- Save your changes
Once enabled a snapshot of the Inventory report will be taken automatically on a nightly basis and stored as a CSV in the Snapshot section on the Inventory report.
To manually take a snapshot:
Navigate to Dashboard > Reports
Under the POS section, select the Inventory report
Filter by a location with data
Select the Update button
Click on the Create Snapshot link in the top right corner above the export icons
When clicked, a snapshot of the data will be taken and stored as a CSV which can be downloaded at any time under the Snapshots tab of the report.
|The date and time the snapshot was triggered|
|Name of the staff member who triggered the snapshot|
|Filters||The location that was selected when the snapshot was generated|
When exported, the snapshot will display the details of the SKUs that are stocked at ALL locations.
"Generating" will be displayed if the snapshot is not finished processing.
Excel export icon will be displayed once finished processing
|Delete||Allows you the ability to delete the snapshot. Once selected, a confirmation pop-up will appear.|