There are two SMS tipping options you can choose to enable for your account. If you would like clients to be asked about tipping via SMS, you will need to ensure that you have enabled one or both of the Request tips via SMS options that best fit your business needs.
Things to know:
- Texts are sent 5-10 minutes before the appointment starts so that clients know in advance that they are able to tip via text after they leave.
- Clients have up to 3 hours after the appointment ends to text in their tip.
- MyTime counts texts for these tips for our SMS billing. This may cause an increase in the number of texts being paid for by our merchants.
To enable SMS Tipping:
- Navigate to Business Setup > Settings
- Scroll down to the “Tipping” section
- Toggle "Allow clients to leave tips?" to YES
- You will then see the following SMS Tip options
Request tips via SMS for prepaid appointments?
When clients book and pay online, we can send a text message during the appointment asking if they would like to leave a tip. Clients have up to 3 hours after the appointment to respond with the tip amount.
Request tips via SMS for non-prepaid appointments?
For clients who have not booked and paid online, but have a credit card on file, we can send a text message during the appointment asking if they would like to leave a tip. Clients have up to 3 hours after the appointment to respond with the tip amount.
If you have any questions, please contact our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.