In this article, we will walk through the steps on how staff members can withdraw tips from the register. The ability for staff members to withdraw tips from the register is dependent on the "Take Tips from Register" access control.
Things to know:
- Tips cannot be edited after they have been withdrawn. An error message will appear when this is attempted, "Cannot edit because tips were already withdrawn"
To withdraw tips from the register:
- Go to POS > Registers
- Select Enter Register button next to the desired register
- Next, select the Add/Withdraw button
- Select Withdraw Tips, you can choose to withdraw all tips for all staff members or only a few tips
- Select Withdraw Tips button to complete the action
This will be recorded in the register as an adjustment.