If you already have inventory and would like to make an update, you're in the right place! There are two ways to update inventory in MyTime:
- You may export your current inventory from MyTime, make changes in the MyTime Inventory Spreadsheet, then re-import the updated spreadsheet (best for bulk updates)
- You may update each product manually (best for small adjustments)
You can achieve the same results with either method - use whichever method is most convenient for you. To make bulk adjustments to your inventory, we recommend using our Inventory Spreadsheet to export, update, and then re-import your updated inventory list.
To get started:
- Go to POS > Inventory
- Select the Export link at the bottom right of the page
- A spreadsheet that has a title with the location name and date will download. Click on the exported file to open the spreadsheet.
- The first tab of the excel document (labeled INSTRUCTIONS) explains how to enter and update your inventory. Once you have read these instructions, click on the second tab (labeled SKU) to view and update your inventory list.
- The SKU tab will contain the inventory information from your MyTime account. Make all your inventory updates in this spreadsheet. You can change and update any information you like
- Here are some examples of updates you may need to make:
- Product name, category, and SKU are required fields and matchers. They must be entered in order for the data in that row to be recorded. These columns are labeled matcher and will be used to map, or match, the product on your sheet to the product that you already have in MyTime.
- If you get a new shipment, you can either update your Current Stock (column R) to reflect the new total stock, or you can add the shipment quantity to New Batch Quantity (column U).
- If the product's cost has changed, enter the new product cost in the New Cost Basis column.
- You can also add an expiration date for perishable items in Column Q.
- When you've finished making updates, save the spreadsheet
- Select the Import link at the bottom right of the page
- Next, return to the Import section of the Inventory page, select the location then the Upload button
- When the file is uploaded, select the applicable radio button
- If Update existing inventory is selected, then existing SKUs will not be deleted if they are not on the import sheet
- The Overwrite and replace inventory option only updates/removes existing SKUs for products with multiple SKUs. Existing SKUs will be deleted from inventory if they are not on the import sheet. For each product name on the import sheet, you must include the quantity of each SKU Name/SKU Number associated with that Product Name, or else that SKU will be deleted from inventory.
- If you edit details such as brand, SKU #, barcode, description, etc, and the "Overwrite and replace inventory" option is selected when importing - the edits will reflect at all locations
- Next, select Import
- Your updated inventory will now appear in the Inventory section of MyTime. If you have a long inventory list, it may take a few minutes to update.
Congratulations, you've updated your inventory!