If you'd rather not use an excel spreadsheet to enter your inventory, you can add each product manually. This option is best for adding a few products quickly.
In this article, we will walk through how to add a new product manually to your inventory. To get started:
- Navigate to POS > Inventory
- Click Add Product button at the bottom-right corner of the page
- Enter the product details
- Photo - You can add an image of the product
- Product Name -The product name that the SKU corresponds to. This field is required.
- Category - The category associated with the product. This field is required.
- Brand - Brand of the product
- Active - Can this product be ordered?
- Description - Text description of the product, often provided by the manufacturer
- Sell to Clients (And Apply Taxes) - Should this product be sold to customers via the POS?
- Commission Eligible - Can this product be applied towards retail commissions? Select Yes if an employee is entitled to commission on selling this product. Else, select No.
- SKU Name - The name of the specific SKU you sell. It can include size, color, flavor, etc.
- SKU # - The unique stock-keeping unit associated with the specific version of the product
- Barcode - The number appearing directly below the barcode image on the SKU. You can use UPC or EAN format.
- Click Save when you have added all the new product details
After saving, you will be back on the main Inventory page. From here, you can enter the product's selling price, cost, back bar quantity, retail quantity, minimum desired stock, and maximum desired stock. Hover over the tooltip next to each option for more information.
To do this:
- Select the Add to Inventory link next to each SKU
- Add the following:
- Price - The price paid by the client for the SKU
- Cost - The price paid to the vendor for the SKU
- Backbar Quantity - The current stock of the back bar product. Back bar refers to products a staff member uses at a salon or business.
- Retail Quantity - The current stock of the retail product
- On Order Quantity - This field is not editable. This displays quantities from a Purchase Order in ordered status. Learn more about On Order Quantity here.
- Min - The quantity at which you want to be alerted to re-order on MyTime. The alerts will appear in the notification bell when you log into the MyTime website or Scheduler App and also be sent to location managers (if configured).
- Max - The quantity of each SKU you want to maintain; used to calculate the reorder
You can repeat the steps above to manually add additional products. To import your product list via spreadsheet, learn more here.
If you have any questions about adding products to Inventory, contact our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.