Membership cancellations are an unfortunate thing but do come up. Some businesses may offer to allow the value credits that the customer has accrued to be used for a set amount of time after the termination date. You can cancel a client’s membership immediately or schedule a cancellation. In this article, we will walk through the cancellation of membership flow.
Things to know:
- If a membership is in Pending Cancellation status, the benefits will still be applicable.
- If a membership is canceled, the item credits will no longer be usable. However, the remaining value credits will still apply if the “How long should value credits be valid after membership termination?” setting is configured.
To cancel a client’s membership:
- Navigate to the Clients tab
- Search for the client
- Open the client's profile that you want to view
- Scroll down to the Memberships section
- Expand the arrow on the right next to the membership status
- Click the Edit Membership button
- Select the Cancel Membership link at the bottom left of the modal
- Cancel the membership immediately or schedule a cancellation date
- Confirm action
If the cancellation is scheduled for a future date, the status will update to Cancellation Pending. You will also have the option to cancel the termination before it happens.
If the cancellation is immediate, the status will update to Canceled.
Canceled memberships will reflect in the membership credit audit trail as well
If there are value credits on the client’s account that can be used after the termination of their membership, they will be noted as Expires on x/xx/xxx. If you need to modify credits for the client after cancellation, you can do so by clicking on Edit Membership.
Please Note: You can cancel the termination of membership only on cancellations that are still pending. You are unable to restore a canceled membership. The customer would need to have a new membership added to their account.