Allowing customers to freeze their memberships can be a great way to keep a customer as a member should they need to suspend payments for a short period of time, instead of just outright canceling their membership. Once the ”Allow freezing memberships” setting is enabled, you will be able to freeze a client’s membership.
Things to know:
- The freeze duration for memberships can be edited from the Client Record. The client will not be charged when you change the duration, and it will be limited to the maximum freeze length setting that is configured on the Settings page.
- If a freeze fee is set up, it will be charged automatically every month while the membership is frozen for any membership that was set up to be paid monthly. In case the membership has upfront payment then no freeze fee will be charged for that membership.
- When a membership is frozen, it will reactivate automatically after the freeze period has ended.
- Clients will be able to use their benefits during the freeze period depending on your settings.
To freeze a membership:
- Open the client's profile that you want to view
- Scroll down to the Memberships section
- Expand the arrow on the right next to the membership status
- Select the Freeze link
- Choose the freeze period - start and end date
- Confirm the action
- The status will update to Frozen
To edit the freeze period:
- Select the Edit link
- Adjust the freeze end date
- Click on the Freeze Membership button
To unfreeze membership:
- Select the Unfreeze link
- Confirm that you want to unfreeze the membership and charge for the current month