In this article, you will walk through the steps taken by your clients to book an appointment online.
Things to know:
- Online booking must be enabled
- A staff member must be assigned to a service and work hours must be set
- A client must either sign in with their current MyTime account, Facebook, or Apple login, or create a new one.
- Anyone option on booking widget:
- When a client books an appointment online and selects "Anyone," we use a round-robin mechanism to assign a staff member to the service. Learn more here
- When the client clicks the Book Again option on the booking confirmation page, the appointment will be booked with anyone
- If the setting "Can customers book a specific staff member?" is disabled the "Who Would You Like to Book?" section will be hidden however, it will follow the same rule as if Anyone was selected.
To book an appointment online:
- Clients will go to your booking page using the booking URL or book button on your website
- Select the desired location (if the account has multiple locations)
- Select the desired service, they can then use the Add another service link to add additional services to their cart
- Proceed to the date and time picker. Choose a date and time and staff (if they are interested in seeing a specific staff). The time picker will show a monthly view, by default
- Go to the checkout page where they can sign in if they already have an account with the "Sign In" link, sign in using their Facebook or Apple accounts, or create a new account
- Clients can add notes and special requests and fill out the intake form before completing the booking and add card details (if applicable)
The booking confirmation page will appear
Once the appointment is booked, the client can:
- Use the Book Again button to navigate to the Time Picker to book another appointment for the same service
- Add the booked appointment to your personal Google, Yahoo, Outlook, or Apple calendar
- Cancel the appointment using the Cancel link
- Get Directions to the business using the Get Directions link
- Print a copy of the appointment confirmation using the Print link at the bottom left of the screen