With MyTime, you can set up an intake form to obtain information from customers or potential customers before they come into your office. This saves both time and paper! The information you obtain from the intake form will be stored in your clients' profiles.
Things to know:
- You can have multiple intake forms
- Have customers add electronic signatures
- Services or classes must be assigned to each intake form in order for it to be visible online.
- Intake form URL can be inserted in appointment-related emails (e.g. appointment booked by merchant/appointment booked by client / etc). We include only the first intake form which is connected with one of the services from the appointment. (If you have multiple intake forms and the appointment has multiple services included, we will include in the email only the first intake form which is connected to any of the services from the appointment).
- Each time the client completes the intake form, the previous information will be overridden.
When you are finished creating custom fields, it's time to add these to your intake form.
- Navigate to the Clients tab
- At the top of the screen click on Intake Form
- If your Intake Form is set to OFF, click the switch to turn it ON
- The Intake Form screen will appear (see below).
Pet businesses will also have a Pet Intake Form (Automotive businesses will have a Vehicle Intake Form and businesses with the Family Member setting enabled will have a Family member Intake Form).
- Select Create New Intake Form link
- Enter a name for your form, for example, “Client Intake Form”
- Select the service variations that this form applies, multiple services can be selected. If the classes feature is enabled on your account, you will be able to select class variations as well.
- On the left, you'll see your Custom Client Fields and Default Fields. Place a checkmark next to fields you'd like to include on your intake form.
Note: MyTime already asks clients for their First and Last name, email address, and phone number, so no need to include these on your intake form!
The fields you've selected will appear in the Intake Form section. You can rearrange the order of questions by clicking on the three grey lines and dragging the field up or down (see photo below).
You can also choose who should complete the form and if it should be completed once or every time a booking is made.
Not Required - If checked, this form does not have to be completed when booking an applicable service or class online.
Both new and existing clients - If checked, his form will be required when booking an applicable service or class online.
Only new clients - If checked, only clients booking for the first time with your business are required to complete this form when booking an applicable service or class online.
Only existing clients - If checked, only existing clients are required to complete this form when booking an applicable service or class online.
Ask every time - Each time the client books an applicable service or class online, the custom field will be displayed. If a value was entered previously, that value will be prefilled.
MyTime will save the Intake Form automatically (no need to save). When you are done, you may test how the intake form appears to customers by completing a test booking on your booking page.