The Custom Fields feature provides the ability to customize fields in client records with multiple field types to choose from. Once a custom field is created, it can then be included in intake forms or appointment modals.
Things to know:
- Your staff members must have the "Manage Client Setup" access control setting enabled in order to create and manage client custom fields
- Custom fields can be set as a required field
- If custom fields are added to an intake form, they will appear in the client profile on the merchant's end and online on the booking widget
- Each time a client or staff member edits a custom field value, it overrides the previous value
Creating Custom Fields
First, set up your intake form questions:
- Go to the Clients section
- Select Manage Clients
- Select Customize Client Fields
The following screen will appear, showing Default Fields and Custom Fields. Default Fields are either automatically collected upon booking (such as name and contact information) or are available as options to add to your intake form (such as date of birth and gender). If the Default Fields include all the information you need from your clients, you may skip to the Setting up your Intake Form section.
At the bottom, you will see your Custom Fields section(s). The first section is Custom Client Fields, where you can collect client information.
Depending on your business type, you may have more than one Custom Fields section. For example:
- Pet businesses will also have a Custom Pet Fields section to ask for additional pet information
- Automotive businesses will have a Custom Vehicle Fields section to collect additional vehicle information
- Businesses with the family member feature enabled will have a Custom Family Members Fields section to collect additional information about family members.
To create a question:
- Click Add Field
- Click the dropdown in the Field Type section to select what type of field you'd like to create (checkbox, dropdown, short answer, etc). You can even create a waiver for customers to sign when they book.
- Next, type your question in the Field Name box. You can preview your question at the bottom. When you are satisfied with your field, select Save.
Field Name - Enter the name of the custom field
For every custom field, you can set up a tooltip that will be visible when the client is edited. You can add what should be displayed on the tooltip in the Field Tooltip section. See the screenshot below.
Field Regex & Field Regex Error Message
This allows you to add custom validations to various fields (e.g. validation that field can have a max of 9 digits). It is applicable only to short-answer custom fields.
Short Answer Dependencies
You can disable/hide a field in case another field has any value OR is empty OR has a specific value. For example, you can hide custom field B, if custom field A has value OR custom field A is empty.
Checkbox - Enter a question and give potential solutions to your client to choose from utilizing a checkbox menu. Select the Add New Option to add additional options. Select the X to remove an option.
Date Field - Enter a question and give clients the option to select a date from the calendar.
Dropdown Field - Enter a question and give potential solutions to your client to choose from utilizing a drop-down menu. Select the Add New Option to add additional options. Select the X to remove an option.
Email Field - Give clients the option to enter an additional email address
You can set a reminder badge to appear on client profiles and appointments when that client is overdue for something (e.g., complete their annual evaluation, update expired records, etc). You can also send automated emails to clients on the date of expiration by activating the “Expiration reminder” email on the Automated Messages page. Please note: This is a different email than the Rebooking Reminder emails which go out automatically when a client is overdue for a specific service.
To set up Expiration Reminders, select Expiration Reminder from the drop-down menu. You can specify the Field Name that will appear in client records and the name of the Expiration Tag that will show up on appointments and client records on the expiration date.
List - Enter a question and give potential solutions to your client to choose from utilizing a list. Select the Add New Option to add additional options. Select the X to remove an option.
Multiple Selection - Enter a question and give potential solutions to your client to choose from utilizing multiple selections. Select the Add New Option to add additional options. Select the X to remove an option.
Paragraph - Enter a question and let customers provide a long answer
Phone - Give clients the option to enter an additional phone number
Short Answer - Enter a question and let customers provide a short answer
Waiver - Give clients the option to complete a waiver and sign