MyTime simplifies the efficient management of client information for businesses. Whether you have pre-existing client data or intend to add new clients in large quantities, the platform facilitates this process seamlessly through the effortless importation of CSV (Comma-Separated Values) files. In this article, we will walk you through the step-by-step process of importing clients into MyTime.
Things to know:
- Please refrain from deleting or reordering any columns in the spreadsheet, with the exception of the custom field columns.
- For successful import, the file must be in CSV format. If you attempt to import a CSV file except the MyTime client import template, your client data may not import correctly.
Import Client List
To import your client list:
- Navigate to the Clients tab
- Select the ‘Manage Clients’ drop-down menu > Import Clients
- The screen below will appear. Download the MyTime Client Import Template
- Find the downloaded Excel spreadsheet on your computer and open it using Microsoft Excel or any compatible spreadsheet software
- Enter your client information into the designated columns. Verify the accuracy and completeness of the data to ensure a seamless import process
- After completing the entry of your clients' information in the MyTime Client spreadsheet, save the Excel file as a CSV
- Return to the Import section and then click the "Upload" button
- Select the CSV file from the download list. Once your file has been uploaded, click the "Import" button
Congratulations! You've successfully imported clients into MyTime using a CSV file.
|client_id||This is the ID of the client you have in your local database (needed to
import the pets, appointments, for future updates, etc) if you don't have a
client_id you need to generate one. You can use a number sequence that is easy
|client_first_name||The first name of the client|
|client_last_name||The last name of the client|
|Email address of the client|
|mobile_phone||Mobile phone number of the client|
|home_phone||Home phone number of the client|
|work_phone||Work phone number of the client|
|street_address||Street Address of the client's home|
|street_address_2||Second street address line of the client's home|
|city||City of the client's home address|
|state||State of the client's home address. Two-letter state code e.g. CA/NY/NV|
|zip||Zip code of the client's home address|
|country||Two-letter country code e.g. US|
|gender||This field is optional. Enter 1 for female, 2 for male|
|date_of_birth||Birthdate of the client|
|can_receive_automated_emails||Has the client asked to receive
appointment-related emails? (Enter 1 for yes and 0 for no)
|can_receive_automated_sms||Has the client asked to receive
appointment-related SMS (text messages)? (Enter 1 for yes and 0 for no)
|can_receive_manual_emails||Has the client asked to receive email
campaigns? (Enter 1 for yes and 0 for no)
|can_receive_manual_sms||Has the client asked to receive SMS campaigns? (Enter 1 for yes and 0 for no)|
|can_receive_manual_sms_confirmed_at||If this field is present, the client will
be considered double opted in. Format - Year-Month-Day Hour:Minute:Second
Timezone. Example: 2021-09-20 13:05:20 UTC
|contact_preference||The client's preferred contact method
- 'Email', 'Text Message', 'Home Phone', 'Work Phone', or 'Mobile Phone'. This field is optional.
|client_since||The date the client first visits|
|notes||Free-text field for client notes. This field is optional.|
|preferred_employee_id||This field is optional. This is the employee_id of the employee from the employees.csv file.|
|preferred_location_id||This field is optional. This is the location_id of the location from the locations.csv file.|
|deleted||This column determines if the client should be deleted or not. Enter "FALSE" to not delete the client or "TRUE" to delete the client|
|custom_field X||This is the UUID of the field from the custom_fields.csv file
(where the “applicable_to” field is “client”) e.g. weight, occupation, etc.
|associated_location_ids||Location IDs of the locations the client should be associated with. This ensures that clients are tied to a location and will receive any marketing messages you wish to send. You can add multiple associated location IDs, just separate them using a semi-colon. Make sure that the Store ID field in the ‘Edit Location’ modal on the Business Setup Business Profile page is filled. You can use the number on the top right-hand corner of the modal to fill the Store ID field.|
Your clients will now be visible in your Clients tab on MyTime. If you have an extensive client list, the upload process might take a few minutes. In case of any import issues, you will receive an email specifying the errors or issues and indicating the corresponding items on the sheet where the errors occurred.
For more information contact us at email@example.com.