Vendor Profiles keep track of information about vendors, the items they sell, and the corresponding account that each location has with that vendor. We use vendor profiles to help create Purchase Orders. If a product is not assigned to a vendor then that product cannot be added to a Purchase Order.
Creating a vendor profile is very easy, simply:
- Navigate to POS > Inventory
- Select Vendor Profiles on the left panel
- Once the page loads, select the Create Vendor button
- Here you will be able to add the following information:
- Vendor's name - Name of the vendor
- Vendor's address - Vendor's complete address
- Vendor's contact information (email address and phone number)
- Payment Method - The payment method(s) that will be used to pay the vendor when you submit your purchase orders.
- Add the account ID for each location.
- Once you have added all the details, go ahead and save your changes.