MyTime allows you to add different hourly payment types for your staff which allows them to clock in for different functions, such as productive time, breaks, training, and so on. You can even set different hourly rates for a variety of functions if you choose.
- To start, navigate to Business Setup > Staff & Availability
- Scroll to the bottom of the Staff & Availability page and click the button that says Hourly Payment Types.
- Here you can enter different types of hours that you would like to track, such as productive hours and breaks. Important: Make sure to save each payment type before closing the modal! Any unsaved changes will be lost. Below is an example for you to review:
- Once you have added the hourly payment types, your staff will have the option to clock in with these new options.
- The productive time column sets the payment type as “Productive” in MyTime. Only service providers are able to clock in for any productive time. Any productive hours worked are shown on the Time Tracking report as Production Hours. These hours are also used in the compensation report if the staff has any commission that is dependent on productivity.
- If the Productive box is not checked in the payment type modal, the time is considered Administrative Type. In the Time Tracking report, the hours are shown as Admin Hours. This time is not counted towards a staff member’s productivity for the purpose of commissions.
- Their clocked hours for the day can be edited per hourly rate type and some of the reports are updated with the hourly payment types, such as the employee Time Tracking and Compensation reports. You can even filter the Time Tracking report by hourly payment type to see how much time was clocked for each type for better time management.