The On Order Quantity section on the inventory page and in the inventory report displays quantities from a Purchase Order in ordered status. This will help to prevent over-ordering of items while awaiting fulfillment.
Things to know:
- The On Order Quantity section on the inventory page cannot be edited
- When a Purchase Order is auto-generated, the quantity to be ordered will be (Max - current level - quantity on order).
When a new Purchase Order is created, on order stocks are automatically added to the On Order Quantity section. Once the Purchase Order is canceled or completed, the On Order Quantity will be updated.
Here is how it works:
- Go to POS > Inventory > Purchase Orders
- Create a new Purchase Order
- Navigate to the inventory page
- Notice the On Order Quantity column displays the order quantity for each SKU on the ordered PO
- Go to Reports > Inventory report
- The On Order Quantity column displays the order quantity for each SKU on the ordered PO
- Go back to the Purchase Order from step 1
- Receive Purchase Order or cancel it
- The On Order Quantity will be set to 0
If you have any questions, contact our Support Team at email@example.com