Your physical cash drawer can be opened by clicking the Open Drawer button on the New Ticket page in POS. This button is access controlled and requires the Open Cash Drawer permission to be turned on for that user. In this article, we will look at how this feature works but before we begin there are some important things to note:
- If you have not connected your PC to a printer, you first need to do so. Depending on your receipt printer this can be done via wifi, USB, Bluetooth, etc. Once the computer and printer are connected you must connect the printer to your physical cash drawer. This is generally done via an RJ12 cable that looks similar to a phone cable. To ensure your cash drawer is configured correctly please see our help center article https://help.mytime.com/hc/en-us/sections/360005973911-Printers-Cash-Drawers.
- The Open Drawer button on the New Ticket page is not connected to your virtual register in MyTime. To open your virtual register go to POS > Registers.
Let us now look at how this feature works:
- First, ensure that your staff members have access to open your physical cash drawer. To do this, go to Business Setup > Staff & Availability > Access Control Settings
- Next, select a role from the menu at the top of the page (e.g., Service Provider)
- Select the POS option > Open Cash Drawer
- Save your changes
- When signed in, the staff member can then go to POS > New Ticket
- Add an item to the ticket
- Select the "Open Drawer" button at the top right of the page
- Each time the button is clicked, a print modal will appear with an audit trail displaying the date, time, and name of the staff member who opened the drawer. The screenshot below shows "Drawer opened on May 3rd 2021, 8:55:30 pm by Leana Green".
- Click the print button on the bottom right of the print modal. This will then pop open your physical cash drawer.
- You can then proceed to take payment and close the ticket.