MyTime gives merchants the option of using the legal names or nicknames of their staff members. Staff members may use nicknames to help clients remember their names (for repeat bookings). The Legal name and Display name are two distinct staff names that appear in every MyTime staff member profile. In this article, we will look at how the two differ.
Things to know:
- If a staff member does not have a legal name entered on their profile, the display name will be used everywhere, and vice versa if no display name is entered.
- The display name is the staff member's shortened name or nickname. Except for reports, the display name will be displayed on the booking widget, scheduler POS, and all other areas of the software.
- The legal name is the full name of the staff member, and it appears in the staff filter in reports and the Dashboard
Setting Up Legal and Display Names
- Navigate to Business Setup > Staff and Availability
- Add new Staff Member
- Fill in the display name (nickname) and legal name fields as shown below
Staff and Availability
For more information contact us at email@example.com.