We offer the ability to send transactional receipts for tickets via email or SMS. Sending receipts via email or text message can reduce paper costs and waste. In this article, we will look at how to send receipts via email and text message. Before we begin, please note the following:
- In order to be able to send receipts via email or text message, the Transaction Receipts template will have to be enabled in Automated Messages.
- An email or text receipt can be sent from the take payment page or closed ticket.
- Email and text receipts will count towards your text message and email usage. You can always see your transaction receipts and Email/SMS overage fees from the Billing History section of My Account.
Let's now look at how to send email and text receipts.
1. Go to Marketing > Automated Messages
2. From there, activate the “Transaction Receipts” template under Point of Sale. You can edit the template as you'd like.
3. Next, go to POS > New Ticket page
4. Add an appointment, product, or any item to the ticket. In this example, we added an appointment for James Wright valued at $50.
5. Take Payment
6. At the bottom of the payment screen, you will see a Receipt link. Clicking on the downward arrow next to the link will display the various options for transactional receipts.
7. Select the Email Receipt or Text Receipt option
- If the Email Receipt option is selected, a pop-up will appear. If the client already has an email address on their profile it will auto-populate in the field. If no email address was on file for the client, you can enter it.
- If the Text Receipt option is selected, a pop-up will appear. If the client already has a mobile number on their profile it will auto-populate in the field. If no mobile number was on file for the client, you can enter it.
Please note, that the system will not save the phone number or email address entered here to the client's profile.
8. Next, select the Send button
Congratulations! You have successfully sent your email or text message receipt.
Text Message receipt received by the client
Once the client has received the receipt via text message, they can click on the link to view the details.
Email receipt received by the client