When a client purchases a gift card online, the recipient will receive an email with all the gift card details. The gift card can be redeemed in multiple ways online or in-store. In this article, we will explore each option.
To redeem in-store the staff member can:
- Scan the gift card QR code using a barcode scanner in POS
- Manually enter the code in POS
Here are the steps:
- Ensure the client has the email with the GC information on hand or a printed copy of the gift card (If the code will be scanned) otherwise, they can just tell you the code or you can look it up on the Gift Card Balance report.
- In POS, add the service or product to the client's ticket. In this example, we added a microdermabrasion service valued at $50 for Janelle Williamson.
- Next, select the "Take Payment" button
- On the payment screen, you can select "scan" next to the Gift Card option to scan the QR code using your barcode scanner or you can manually enter the GC number and then select the “apply” link.
- The gift card will be successfully applied to the ticket
- You can then close the ticket
To redeem online the client can:
- Click the book an appointment action button in the gift card email they received. This will redirect them to your booking widget to schedule an appointment and the gift card will auto-apply to that booking.
- Manually enter the gift card code on the checkout page on the booking widget
Here are the steps:
- In the email received, click on the Book an Appointment button at the bottom of the email.
- They will be redirected to your booking widget where they can proceed to book an appointment.
- On the checkout page, the gift card will automatically apply.
To manually apply the gift card code they can:
- Go to your booking widget
- Book an appointment for any service, staff, and time
- On the checkout page, enter the gift card code in the Apply Gift Card / Promo Code field
- Then hit the Apply button
- The code will be successfully applied
- Complete the booking