This feature keeps track of information around vendors, the items they sell, and the corresponding account that each location has with that vendor. We use vendor profiles to help create Purchase Orders. If a product is not assigned to a vendor then that product cannot be added to a Purchase Order.
In this article, we will look at the following:
How to Create Vendor Profiles
Creating a vendor profile is very easy. There are 3 ways that this can be done:
- Creating the vendor directly on the Vendor Profile page
- Adding vendors using the shipment button on the Inventory page
- Adding vendors using the MyTime's Inventory Spreadsheet
Creating vendors directly on the Vendor Profile page
- Navigate to POS > Inventory
- Select Vendor Profiles on the left panel
- Once the page loads, select the Create Vendor button.
- Here you will be able to add the following information:
- Vendor's name
- Vendor's address
- Vendor's contact information (email address and phone number)
- The payment method(s) that will be used to pay the vendor when you submit your purchase orders.
- Add the account ID for each location.
- Once you have added all the details, go ahead and save your changes.
Adding vendors using the shipment button on the Inventory page
To manually add a vendor using the shipment button:
1. Go to POS > Inventory
2. Select the dropdown arrow next to the product you want to add the vendor to
3. Next, select the shipment icon
4. When the modal appears, enter the vendor name in the Vendor field then press enter on your keyboard.
6. The vendor you created in step 4 will be shown in the vendor list on the Vendor Profile page.
Adding Vendors using the Inventory Spreadsheet
- To access the inventory spreadsheet, select POS, then select the Inventory tab.
- Select the Import link at the bottom right of the page
- The screen below will appear, select Download spreadsheet link
- When you open the excel spreadsheet, the first tab (labeled INSTRUCTIONS) explains how to enter your inventory. Use the second tab (labeled SKU) to enter your inventory information.
- Enter your product details. Ensure you add the vendor details in column D. In the screenshot below, I added Jenny as the vendor.
- When you are finished entering your inventory information into the MyTime Inventory Spreadsheet, make sure to save the excel file.
- Next, return to the Import section of the Inventory page, select the location and the
- When your file is uploaded, select Import.
- Your inventory will now appear in your Inventory section of MyTime.
- Jenny will now appear in the vendor list on the Vendor Profile page.
How to Assign Products to Vendors
After you have created a vendor using one of the methods stated above, you can add products to the vendor profiles.
- To add products to an existing vendor, select the Add Product button in the top right.
- A modal will appear where you can do the following:
- Select the products the vendor offers
- Add Vendor SKU - This is the product number this specific vendor assigned to the SKU, if different from the manufacturer SKU number.
- Add MOQ - This is the Minimum Order Quantity that the product must be ordered in when replenishing stock.
- Add Cost - How much it will cost your business to buy this item from the vendor.
- After assigning your products to the Vendor Profile, click on the Add Products to Vendor button at the bottom of the page.
- All the products that were assigned will be displayed on the page.
- You may decide that you want to edit a product in the list, to achieve this click on the pencil icon next to the specific product.
- In the modal, you can edit the vendor SKU, MOQ, and cost. You can also determine if the product should appear in the list when creating purchase orders by unchecking the box next to Available For Purchase Order.
- In the screenshot above, I made the Shampoo product unavailable for purchase orders. In doing this the product is now grayed out in the list. See screenshot below.
On the Vendor Profiles page, it shows the list of all the vendors that were created. See below the definition of each option for reference:
- In the search vendor field in the top left, you have the ability to search for a specific vendor. This is useful if you have an extensive list.
- The Vendor column lists the names of each vendor.
- Products Carried column refers to the number of products assigned to the vendor.
- Last Order Date refers to the last date a Purchase Order was ordered for the vendor.
- Pending Orders refers to Purchase Orders for the vendor that have not yet been completed.
- The view button opens the page that lists all the products for the specific vendor.