After you have created a vendor using one of the methods stated here, you can add products to the vendor profiles.
To add products to an existing vendor:
- Select the Add Product button in the top right.
- A modal will appear where you can do the following:
- Select the products the vendor offers
- Add Vendor SKU - This is the product number this specific vendor assigned to the SKU, if different from the manufacturer SKU number.
- Add MOQ - This is the Minimum Order Quantity that the product must be ordered in when replenishing stock.
- Add Cost - How much it will cost your business to buy this item from the vendor.
- After assigning your products to the Vendor Profile, click on the Add Products to Vendor button at the bottom of the page.
- All the products that were assigned will be displayed on the page.
- You may decide that you want to edit a product in the list, to achieve this click on the pencil icon next to the specific product.
- In the modal, you can edit the vendor SKU, MOQ, and cost. You can also determine if the product should appear in the list when creating purchase orders by unchecking the box next to Available For Purchase Order.
- In the screenshot above, I made the Shampoo product unavailable for purchase orders. In doing this the product is now grayed out in the list. See the screenshot below.
On the Vendor Profiles page, it shows the list of all the vendors that were created. See below the definition of each option for reference:
- In the search vendor field in the top left, you have the ability to search for a specific vendor. This is useful if you have an extensive list.
- The Vendor column lists the names of each vendor.
- Products Carried column refers to the number of products assigned to the vendor.
- Last Order Date refers to the last date a Purchase Order was ordered for the vendor.
- Pending Orders refers to Purchase Orders for the vendor that have not yet been completed.
- The view button opens the page that lists all the products for the specific vendor.