The Alert Interruption message will display if the anti-tamper sensors have been activated on your card terminal. Typically this happens if the card reader has sustained physical damage (dropped from > than 4ft onto a hard surface), if someone has attempted to open the casing, if it has been cleaned improperly and sustained liquid damage, if anything outside of a card was inserted into the chip/magstripe reader, and ultimately if there was any attempt to skim card data from the device.
If the card terminal feels it is being tampered with the anti-tamper feature will activate and the card terminal will cease operation.
Please follow the below steps to remedy this:
- If the device is under warranty you have two options (warranty is a 1 year period)
- You can contact Ingenico at email@example.com to obtain an RMA# and warranty the device.
- You can utilize MyTime and our loaner card terminal program for $99. This will cover overnight shipment to your business containing a replacement card terminal > a return label for the disabled card reader > MyTime will obtain an RMA# from Ingenico on your behalf > return the card terminal as soon as it is repaired.
- If the device is not under warranty or you are reader to upgrade you can purchase a new card reader.
- You can review your options at www.mytime.com/hardware and place the order from that page.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can assist you with your purchase.
- You can contact Ingenico at email@example.com to obtain an RMA# and price quote to repair the device. MyTime is also happy to loan you a card terminal under these circumstances as well.