Initial Setup (5-7 min):
- Download the MC2 or MC3 Printer Mac/Windows Drivers by clicking here (if you are unsure which options to select click here for help).
- Once downloaded see the images below on how to open the file and install the Star Micronics App
Mac OS X
Make sure you are using a recommended device. There are various MCP Printers (WiFi, Ethernet/LAN, Bluetooth, and USB). You can generally see the model on the bottom of the printer. A WiFi model would appear as TSP143IIIW whereas an Ethernet/LAN model TSP143IIILAN. Depending on the model there are different setup steps that are outlined in the TSP100 Window or Mac setup guide seen below.
- Once the zip file in step 1 is downloaded please follow the steps here from the Star website finalize the installation. Please go through each menu item on the right hand side of the screen to complete the setup.
- Please see the attached image below and make sure the settings match.
Mandatory Printer Settings (2-5 min):
If you do not use the below settings, you may experience the following problems:
- print preview will be unreadable
- the printer will print long receipts
- the printed information may bleed off the edges of the paper.
Please read the below steps and see screenshots on where to adjust these settings.
- Set paper size to 72*200 and (80mm paper requires 72mm print setting, so while the paper is 80mm please use 72mm paper size)
- Set margins to NONE.
Mac OS X
The Printer will not print (LAN or WiFi models only):
- Please make sure the IP Address on the Printer is set as a Static IP Address. The IP address might be changing when the Printer or Router is reset, setting the IP to Static will make sure it is always the same.
- See Setup guide above and navigate to WiFi or LAN setup section, review setting static IP, or follow my steps below.
- To do this please enter the Printers IP address in the browser URL. Example 192.168.1.3
- TSP100 Network Utility will launch
- On the left-hand side of the screen click Login
- Username: root (all lowercase)
- Password: public (all lowercase)
- Click IP Parameters
- Click Static
- Enter the IP Details
The print preview is small and difficult to read
The printer is printing very long receipts
Information is bleeding off the edge of the receipt
- Please see "Mandatory Settings" above
- This generally happens in Windows 7 or Windows 10
- Click Start
- Click Devices and Printers
- Window 7: Right Click on the TSP100 Printer Windows 10: Click on the printer and click Manage
- Click Printer Properties
- Click Device Settings
- Make sure the paper settings are 72*200 (see screenshot below OR see attachment for full-size image)