By default, common payment methods (Cash, Check etc.) are enabled on your account. However, if you want more control over what payment methods you allow in POS, you can adjust your payment methods on your settings page. Before you utilize this feature there are a couple of things to be aware of:
- If MyTime gift cards are not supported for purchase and redemption, then the checkbox for gift cards will also be removed (you cannot pay with one of our gift cards if you don’t sell them!).
- If Other Payment is unchecked, then the input fields to configure it will disappear so as not cause confusion. The type of Other Payments choices dictate whether the options box will be displayed or not.
- In the unlikely event that you disabled ALL payment methods, we will warn you about it.
Here are the steps to adjust the payment methods displayed in POS:
- Go to the Business Setup > Settings, under POS section, and Choose Payment Methods. You will see the existing payment methods listed.
- To remove a payment method simply uncheck the box next to the payment method you wish to remove.
- Once satisfied with your changes, go ahead and save.
- Go to POS > New Ticket
- Add an item to the ticket and select the “Take Payment” button
- The ticket payment page on POS will then reflect the payment methods chosen in step 2. As you can see in the screenshot below Cash is not shown on the ticket page because it was removed in step 2.
- Select any payment method and close the ticket. In this example, I paid for the service via Check
- In the unlikely event that you disabled ALL payment methods, we will warn you about it
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (888) 423-1944.