In the event, a client is unhappy with a service you can utilize the redo feature. There are a few important things to note about this feature:
- Clients are not charged for Redos.
- The redo button will only appear on completed appointments.
- Individual services from the ‘redo appointment’ that do not need to be redone can be removed.
- You can determine if staff commissions should be paid on both the original and the redo appointment or only the redo (if MyTime is tracking commissions).
- If the "Should Original Staff Member Receive Service Commissions On Redos?" setting is disabled, when a redo is done the commission for the redone service will be deducted from the original staff member's commission. So if John has an appointment with 3 services from which 1 service was redone by Mary, John will get commission only for the 2 services and Mary will get a commission for the redo service.
- If the "Should Original Staff Member Receive Service Commissions On Redos?" setting is enabled when a redo is done, the revenue and commission for the original service will not be affected. For instance, if John has an appointment with 3 services from which 1 service was redone by Mary, John will get commission for all 3 services for the original appointment and Mary will get commission for the redone service.
- Although no revenue will be shown for the redone appointment in reports, the initial service revenue will be shown in the redo adjustment column and will be used to calculate the staff member's commission.
In this article we will look at the following:
- How to enable the Redo feature
- How to schedule Redo Appointments
- How we record revenue and commission for Redo Appointments in reports
Enabling the Redo feature
Activating the Redo feature is pretty easy, here are the step-by-step directions on how to enable and utilize the Redo feature:
- Go to Business Setup > Settings and activate Allow Redo Appointments.
- Once activated you can determine if staff members should receive service commissions on redos.
- Save your changes
Scheduling Redo Appointments
Once you have enabled the Redo setting:
- Go to your Schedule, and book an appointment.
- After the appointment is completed the redo button will appear.
In this example, we booked an appointment for a Haircut and Facial service for $150 with Andy.
- Click on the "Redo" button
- A new appt modal will appear with the previous appointment details automatically populated.
- Each service will have the redo badge next to it.
- If the appointment has multiple services, you can determine if all the services should be redone or just one. To remove a service, select the red x next to it.
- You can also determine if the same staff member should perform the redo or someone else.
The original service was done by Andy but the redo will be done by Mary.
- Once you have made the necessary adjustments you can go ahead and save the appointment.
When the appointment is completed and the ticket is closed, the data for the original and redone appointment can be seen in the reports. See below a few examples of how the data will be reflected in the reports.
Revenue and Commission for Redo Appointments in Reports
- Commission for services set to 10%.
- Service revenue is $150
- Commission will be 10% x $150 = $15
- Commission for services set to 30%.
- Service revenue is $150
- Commission will be 20% x $150 = $20
On the Compensation report, the following will happen:
- The redone appointment will have the word “Redo” in the service revenue column.
- If the "Should Original Staff Member Receive Service Commissions On Redos?" setting is disabled, Mary will get $150 x 10% = $15 since she did the redo, and Andy's commission for the original service will be deducted.
- If the "Should Original Staff Member Receive Service Commissions On Redos?" setting is enabled, Mary will get $150 x 10% = $15 for the redone appointment, and Andy's commission for the original service will not be affected.
See examples in the screenshots below:
Default Compensation Report
Daily Compensation Report
Redo Appointment Report
This report will show the original staff who performed the service and the staff who performed the redo. No revenue will be shown since the client did not pay for the redo appointment.
Daily Revenue Report
Both appointments will be shown in the report, however, the revenue for the redone appointment will be $0.
Staff Productivity Report
In the Staff Productivity report for Paul, the redone appointment will be shown but the revenue will be $0. Andy's report, on the other hand, will show the service revenue of $150.
Andy's Staff Productivity Report
Mary's Staff Productivity Report
Service Sales Detail Report
The redone appointment with Mary will be shown but the revenue will be $0. However, the original appointment with Andy will display the service revenue of $150.
If you have any questions about this feature, please contact our Support Team at email@example.com or (888) 423-1944.