Depending on your business needs, it may be desirable to limit access to MyTime to just users currently on your network. We let you whitelist network IP addresses to prevent access to MyTime’s web and mobile apps outside of the store. You can also allow staff members to view, but not edit the information in MyTime when logging in from an unauthorized IP address.
IP addresses are classified as static or dynamic. A static IP address is the same every time you go online. Dynamic IP addresses may change each time you connect to your network. If you have IP restrictions on your MyTime site and a staff member has a dynamic IP address, you may need to add or update the IP address on a regular basis. In this article, we'll explore how the IP Restriction feature works.
Setting Up Allowed IPs
IP Restriction feature is controlled by a hidden setting that can only be enabled by the MyTime Team. To enable the hidden setting, please contact our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the hidden setting is enabled:
1. Navigate to Business Setup > Settings
2. Enter the authorized IP addresses below the "Authorized IPs (comma separated)" field
Viewing Information Outside of Authorized IPs
By enabling the "Allow viewing but not editing information when outside of authorized IPs" setting, you can specify whether staff members should be able to view but not edit information while outside of an approved IP address. For instance, a staff member will be able to view appointments on the schedule but not edit an appointment.
To enable this setting:
- Go to Business Setup > Settings
- Enable “Allow viewing but not editing information when outside of authorized IPs”
If a staff member does attempt to edit any information while they are outside of the whitelisted IP addresses, they will receive an error message “There was an error: You are not authorized to perform this action from this location.”
Enforce IP Restrictions
You can choose not to enforce IP restrictions for specific staff members once the allowed IP addresses have been configured.
Things to know:
- By default, all employees will have the Enforce IP Restriction ON
- Not enforcing IP restrictions for staff members is tied to the Assign Roles access control setting. This means that if a staff member has access to assign roles, then they can also turn off IP restrictions for staff members.
To remove the IP restriction for a specific staff member:
- Navigate to Business Setup > Staff & Availability
- Open the desired staff profile
- Uncheck the "Enforce IP Restriction" checkbox
- Save your changes
If you have any questions, please contact our Support Team at email@example.com.