This feature and corresponding reports allow franchise accounts to transfer payments for gift cards, packages, and memberships from one franchise account to the next.
Some key notes about Reconciliation:
- When reconciling between two locations of the same franchise, global database does not have to be enabled.
- When reconciling between two locations belonging to different franchise companies, global database has to be enabled for the following where applicable:
- Membership templates + client memberships have to be enabled for reconciliation to work on memberships
- Gift cards have to be enabled for reconciliation to work on gift cards
- Packages have to be enabled for reconciliation to work on packages
- The overall goal of this reconciliation process is to utilize as few bank transactions as possible.
- To best do this the amount owed and the amount due for each franchise account is taken into consideration. If the amount they owe and are due equal out, nothing will be collected or paid to them as the net amount equals $0.
- All the funds collected are put into a “pool” to then be transferred to the franchise accounts that are owed money.
- Amounts in for reconciliation are based on closed tickets only.
- If there is a refunded product, class, or service, we will credit reconciliation in the period that the refund occurred.
- If there is no bank account or the bank account is not allowing deposits (invalid, closed, etc), no deposit will be made to that franchise account. The funds will stay within the reconciliation pool until the account information has been updated.
- If funds cannot be collected from a franchise account that owes, this will stop the reconciliation process. To avoid this you can set up a reserve account on the parent. This ensures that funds are still collected.
- Changing the Reconciliation Frequency is not recommended once it has been set. In the event you do have to change it, it will run a reconciliation once the change has been set, and will begin from the date of the change. We recommend it once a month.
This is enabled from the Parent account. This will apply to all franchise accounts.
Navigate to Business Setup > Settings > Compensation Settings > Reconciliation Settings
Reconciliation Setup includes 5 sections:
1. Toggle to enable or disable Reconciliation Settings
2. Designation for what will be reconciled
- This will allow you to choose 1, 2, or all 3 options.
3. The percentage of the dollar value that will be transferred from one franchise account to another.
- This is a set percentage for all franchise accounts.
4. How Frequently reconciliation will run for your accounts
- We recommend it once a month.
5. Reserve Bank Data- Typically this is a corporate account.