There are multiple settings that you can customize for your client memberships. These settings can be found on your Business Setup > Settings page below the Memberships section
In this article, we will define each setting. The different sections of your membership settings are as follows:
- Allow freezing memberships? - This turns the freeze feature on or off. Once enabled, a freeze link will appear on your client memberships on their record.
- Maximum freeze length per year X months - You can put a cap on how long a freeze can be held.
- Should dollar credits be usable during the freeze period? - Allows the customer to pay for services/products with accrued credits from their membership even if it is frozen.
- Should the membership contract be extended by freeze duration? - This setting works only if the freeze period is longer than one month (30 days) and only for annual memberships that have a contract end date. It will also extend credits for the period with which membership is extended.
- Should service credits be usable during the freeze period? - Allows the customer to use accrued service credits from their membership even if it is frozen.
- Should membership discounts be usable during freeze period? - Can the customer still receive their discount if they purchase during this timeframe? Allows the customer to use the discounts that apply to their membership level.
- Should failed payments from previous months be back charged? - This is applicable only after one month has passed from the first failed payment. It does not take into consideration manual retries of a charge made by staff from the Membership Payments report or client profile Reactivate button. It only considers automatic charges made by the system on the next charge date or custom charge date set for membership. For each month that passes, the amount to be paid is membership price x number of months that were unpaid.
- Initiate membership termination after X failed payments in a row. - This setting does not take into consideration manual retries of a charge made by staff from the Membership Payments report or client profile using the Reactivate button. This is only applicable for automatic charges made by the system on the next charge date or custom charge date set for membership. For example, when a membership has 1 failed payment, (cancel should be at 3), next month will be the 2nd failed payment. If a staff tries to reactivate the membership many times, the membership will not be canceled. If there are 1or 2 custom charge dates set and the membership payment failed on one of those custom dates, then it will be canceled since those are considered as automatic charges.
- Should the membership contract be extended by suspension duration?
- How long should dollar credits be valid after membership termination? X days - Based on the value entered when the customer cancels their membership, they will be able to use their accrued credits up until that time frame. For example, you entered 10 days. The client canceled their membership on December 1st, their credits will still be usable until December 11th.
Please Note: If you are not using a specific credit type or the discounts for your memberships, those lines will not be applicable to you.