Freezing and Cancelling memberships are an unfortunate part of offering memberships to your customers. Because there can be a variety of ways a merchant would want to handle these, we have some settings for you to customize. To access these you will go to Business Setup > Settings > Memberships
The different sections of your membership settings are as follows:
- Allow freezing: This turns the freeze feature on or off
- Freeze length per year: You can put a cap on how long a freeze can be held.
- Dollar credits usable during freeze period: Allows the customer to pay for services/products with accrued credits from their membership even if it is frozen.
- Service credits usable during freeze: Allows the customer to use accrued service credits from their membership even if it is frozen.
- Membership discounts usable during freeze: Can the customer still receive their discount if they purchase during this timeframe? Allows the customer to use the discounts that apply to their membership level.
- Duration Credits are Valid after Membership Termination: How long the customer can use their accrued credits after they have canceled their membership.
Please Note: If you are not using a specific credit type or the discounts for your memberships those lines will not be applicable to you.