There are several different ways to add a tip to a ticket. Here you will find these methods explained.
- Ask the customer if they would like to leave a tip. You can manually input the tip amount on the ticket, before taking payment.
- Enter tip amount in the highlighted area then click “take payment” at the bottom of the page.
- You will be taken to the next page. Click on “swipe card” to bring up the next step.
- Not necessary to check the “authorize and settle later” option, since the tip is already determined.
Through a printed receipt
- This allows the customer to write in a tip on the printed receipt.
- Here you will utilize the “authorize and settle later option”. Make sure that the box is checked. This will authorize the card and print out a receipt for the customer to sign and leave a tip.
- Once you receive the receipt back, you will need to click settle payment, enter their tip amount, then settle the payment and close the ticket.
Through a customer-facing Card Terminal
- When a card is tap, dipped, or swiped at a card terminal, pre-populated tip amounts will appear on the screen (example: 10%, 15%, 20%). The customer is able to select an amount that is added to the final amount.
- You can choose to display % or $ amount for the tip. This is adjusted in Business Setup > Settings > Tipping (see screenshot below)
- If you choose % tipping - the customer will choose between three % options and other
- If you choose $ tipping - the customer will need to enter a $ amount using 1-9 keys then press enter (green button)