There are several different ways to add a tip to a ticket. Here you will find these methods explained.
- Verbally ask for a tip
- Ask the customer if they would like to leave a tip. You can manually input the tip amount on the ticket, before taking payment.
- Enter tip amount in the highlighted area then click “take payment” at the bottom of the page.
- You will be taken to the next page. Click on “swipe card” to bring up the next step.
- Not necessary to check the “authorize and settle later” option, since the tip is already determined.
2. Tip through a printed receipt
- This allows the customer to write in a tip on the printed receipt.
- Here you will utilize the “authorize and settle later option”. Make sure that the box is checked. This will authorize the card and print out a receipt for the customer to sign and leave a tip.
3. Receive tip through the CC terminal
- When the card is swiped at the terminal, pre-populated amounts will appear on the pin pad display screen (ie ...10%, 15%, 20%). The customer is able to select an amount that is added to the final amount.