There are several different ways to add a tip to a ticket. Here you will find these methods explained.
**NOTE - None of the below methods will be displayed in the MyTime application or on the card reader unless tipping is first turned ON in Business Setup > Settings**
- Ask the customer if they would like to leave a tip. You can manually input the tip amount on the ticket, before taking payment.
- Enter tip amount in the highlighted area then click “take payment” at the bottom of the page.
- You will be taken to the next page. Click on “swipe card” to bring up the next step.
- Not necessary to check the “authorize and settle later” option, since the tip is already determined.
- This allows the customer to write in a tip on the printed receipt.
- Here you will utilize the “authorize and settle later option”. Make sure that the box is checked. This will authorize the card and print out a receipt for the customer to sign and leave a tip.
- Once you receive the receipt back, you will need to click settle payment, enter their tip amount, then settle the payment and close the ticket.
Request tip through a customer-facing card terminal
- When a card is tap, dipped, or swiped at a card terminal, pre-populated tip amounts will appear on the screen (example: 10%, 15%, 20%). The customer is able to select an amount that is added to the final amount.
- You can choose to display % or $ amount for the tip. This is adjusted in Business Setup > Settings > Tipping (see screenshot below)
- If you choose % tipping - the customer will choose between three % options and other
- If you choose $ tipping - the customer will need to enter a $ amount using 1-9 keys then press enter (green button)
Request tip through a customer-facing card terminal on a $0 service
- For businesses that have membership programs, this feature allows you to request a tip on a service that is $0.
- When you are on the new ticket screen, and the service price is $0, you will see a downward-facing arrow next to the close ticket button (see screenshot). Click the downward-facing arrow and select Request Tip.
- On the next screen, you can select the card on file, key-in card, or swipe card and a request will be sent to the card terminal.
- The card terminal will display a service amount that is based on the regular service price (see screenshot of card terminal below).
- The customer can either select a % or $ amount (depending on your business settings).
- If the customer leaves a $0 tip you will see a notification that the customer has left a $0 tip and you should proceed with the ticket as usual.
Request tip via SMS message
- For clients who have not booked AND paid online, but still have a credit card on file, we can send a text message during the appointment asking if they would like to add a tip. Clients have up to three hours after the appointment to respond with the tip amount.
- The SMS will be sent to the customer at the START of their appointment. For example, if their appointment starts at 5:00 PM they will receive an SMS around 5:00 PM (see screenshot below).