In this article, we will walk through the steps on how to add a payment terminal to your account. Once added to your account your terminal will sync with our payment servers and download the required configuration files.
You will begin by seeing This Lane Closed on your card reader.
- Go to your Setup > Settings > scroll to the POS section and locate Payment Terminal Management - https://www.mytime.com/settings
- If you have more than 1 location select the location you want to register the terminal to. The terminal can only be registered/used at 1 location at a time.
- Click Add Payment Terminal (see screenshot)
- Enter the following:
- Model Number - Can be found above or below the screen of your device
- Serial Number - The Serial Number can be found on the back of the terminal. Depending on your terminal the location can vary. You are looking for the SN orIPSN (see screenshot below).
- Name - Give the terminal a custom name e.g. Left POS, Lane/3000, Terminal #1
- Click save
- Your reader will be added to your location if it successfully saves (see screenshot below)
- If you receive an error "Serial number not found or payment terminal not connected. Please check the serial number and make sure the payment terminal is connected. (Cloud9 Error Message: 150 - Failed to connect to pin pad.)" this means:
- Your card reader is not connected to the internet. Please check your card reader is plugged into power and/or ethernet and try again.
- Your card reader is not powered on. Please power on your card reader. Battery-powered card readers power on by holding the green circle button. Hardwired readers need to be plugged into a wall outlet.
- You have entered the wrong serial number. Delete and re-enter the serial number
- If this does not work please reference our 150 error troubleshooting guide.
- FINAL STEP. After you have successfully registered your card reader you will need to reboot the card reader by holding the # key + yellow key for 3+ seconds, your card reader will read reset in progress. After 2-3 reboots you will see a blue MyTime Pay screen (as seen here), this is an indication your card reader has been successfully registered. Please refer to the original setup guide to see how to run a test transaction.
- Note*Battery-powered card terminals (Link/2500, Move/5000) will not power on after rebooting unless they are plugged into a power source. If they are not plugged in please hold the green key to power on your card terminal.