Initial Setup (5-7 min):
- Download the TSP100 Printer Mac/Windows Drivers by clicking here.
- Once downloaded see the images below on how to open the file and install the Star Micronics App
Mac OS X
Make sure you are using a recommended device. There are various TSP100 Printers (WiFi, Ethernet/LAN, Bluetooth, and USB). You can generally see the model on the bottom of the printer. A WiFi model would appear as TSP143IIIW whereas an Ethernet/LAN model TSP143IIILAN. Depending on the model there are different setup steps that are outlined in the TSP100 Window or Mac setup guide seen below.
- Once the Zip File in step 1 is downloaded please click the corresponding setup guide which will help finalize the installation.
- Please see the attached image below and make sure the settings match.
Mandatory Printer Settings (2-5 min):
If you do not use the blow settings, you may experience:
- print preview will be unreadable
- the printer will print long receipts
- the printed information may bleed off the edges of the paper.
Please read the below steps and see screenshots on where to adjust these settings.
- Set paper size to 72*200 and (80mm paper requires 72mm print setting, so while the paper is 80mm please use 72mm paper size)
- Set margins to NONE.
Mac OS X
The Printer will not print (LAN or WiFi models only):
- Please make sure the IP Address on the Printer is set as a Static IP Address. The IP address might be changing when the Printer or Router is reset, setting the IP to Static will make sure it is always the same.
- See Setup guide above and navigate to WiFi or LAN setup section, review setting static IP, or follow my steps below.
- To do this please enter the Printers IP address in the browser URL. Example 192.168.1.3
- TSP100 Network Utility will launch
- On the left-hand side of the screen click Login
- Username: root (all lowercase)
- Password: public (all lowercase)
- Click IP Parameters
- Click Static
- Enter the IP Details
The print preview is small and difficult to read
The printer is printing very long receipts
Information is bleeding off the edge of the receipt
- Please see "Mandatory Settings" above
- This generally happens in Windows 7 or Windows 10
- Click Start
- Click Devices and Printers
- Window 7: Right Click on the TSP100 Printer Windows 10: Click on the printer and click Manage
- Click Printer Properties
- Click Device Settings
- Make sure the paper settings are 72*200 (see screenshot below OR see attachment for full-size image)