Step 1 - Initial Setup (5-7 min):
- Download the TSP100 Printer Mac/Windows Drivers by clicking here.
- Once downloaded see the images below on how to open the file and install the Star Micronics App
Mac OS X
Make sure you are using a recommended device. There are various TSP100 Printers (WiFi, Ethernet/LAN, Bluetooth, and USB). You can generally see the model on the bottom of the printer. A WiFi model would appear as TSP143IIIW whereas an Ethernet/LAN model TSP143IIILAN. Depending on the model there are different setup steps that are outlined in the TSP100 Window or Mac setup guide seen below.
- Once the Zip File in step 1 is downloaded please click the corresponding setup guide which will help finalize the installation.
- Window Setup Guide (USB Pg. 7 | WiFi Pg. 16 | LAN Pg. 24 | Bluetooth Pg. 32)
- For LAN (Ethernet) and WiFi see "LAN & WiFi Model Additional Setup:" below.
- Please see the attached image below and make sure the settings match.
LAN & WiFi Model Additional Setup:
- Open the Mac OS X Setup Guide (Wifi & LAN Pg. 10 | Bluetooth Pg. 13) OR Window Setup Guide (WiFi Pg. 16 | LAN Pg. 24)
- After step 1 is complete and you have added your printer to your computer. You will need to set the IP Address on the Printer AND Router to a Static IP Address. Below are steps on how to set the printer to a static IP.
- As for setting your router to a static IP this depends entirely on your router model and varies case by case. In general, you will need to locate your router, find the label on your router that says router login, then follow the steps to login to your router. You may also contact your internet service provider to help set a static IP on your router.
- The IP address might be changing when the printer or router is reset, setting the IP to Static will make sure it is always the same.
- See the setup guide above and navigate to WiFi or LAN setup section, review setting static IP, or follow my steps below.
- To do this please enter the Printers' IP address in the browser URL. Example 192.168.1.3
- To obtain the printer IP address you will need to power off your printer, press & hold the feed button, then power on your printer while continuing to hold the feed button for a few seconds. The printer will print & cut three different items. Do not let go of the feed until the third document is printed (about 5 seconds). Example here
- Star Network Utility will launch
- On the left-hand side of the screen click Login
- Username: root (all lowercase)
- Password: public (all lowercase)
- Click IP Parameters
- Click Static
- Enter the IP Details from step 3 (see example here)
- You can leave the other items blank, click save. Then click save on the left-hand side of the network utility tool. Save and reboot the device.
- Continue to "Mandatory Printer Settings (2-5 min):" below.
Step 2 - Mandatory Printer Settings (2-5 min):
If you do not use the blow settings, you may experience:
- print preview will be unreadable
- the printer will print long receipts
- the printed information may bleed off the edges of the paper.
Please read the below steps and see screenshots on where to adjust these settings.
- Set paper size to 72*200 and (80mm paper requires 72mm print setting, so while the paper is 80mm please use 72mm paper size)
- Set margins to NONE.
Mac OS X
The print preview is small and difficult to read
The printer is printing very long receipts
Information is bleeding off the edge of the receipt
- Please see "Mandatory Settings" above
- This generally happens in Windows 7 or Windows 10
- Click Start
- Click Devices and Printers
- Window 7: Right Click on the TSP100 Printer Windows 10: Click on the printer and click Manage
- Click Printer Properties
- Click Device Settings
- Make sure the paper settings are 72*200 (see screenshot below OR see attachment for full-size image)