In this article, we’ll cover how MyTime’s integration with QuickBooks Online works, as well as how to connect the two systems together and get started.
Things to know:
- Syncing with QuickBooks requires MyTime POS. Need to upgrade your MyTime account? Learn more here.
- If you don’t currently use QuickBooks Online, you can create an account by going to https://quickbooks.intuit.com/
- When you connect your QuickBooks Online account to MyTime, every time you close a ticket on MyTime POS, we automatically create an invoice and corresponding payment in QuickBooks Online.
Invoice - MyTime lists the individual products, services, gift cards, and other items from your MyTime ticket on this invoice. The QuickBooks Online invoice number is set to the MyTime Ticket number (e.g. “Y06MV175”) so that you can easily match the two.
Payment - MyTime creates an associated Payment against each Invoice, itemizing the payment method(s) as well.
- You have the ability to specify a start date for tickets to be exported from MyTime to QuickBooks. If you want to change the start date, you must disconnect and reconnect QuickBooks with MyTime.
- We recommend that you verify the data in QuickBooks after connecting your QuickBooks Online account and running a few transactions using MyTime POS.
To connect your QuickBooks account with MyTime:
- Navigate to Business Setup > Payments & Deposits
- Scroll down to the QuickBooks section
- Click the "Connect to QuickBooks" button after choosing the sync locations and the start date for ticket exports
- Start Date- Ticket exports are governed by the start date that you specify. We will only export tickets closed on or after that date.
- You will be prompted to sign in to your QuickBooks account
- Once you sign in, it will launch a new window asking you to confirm the sync
- Click “Connect"
- Once connected you will be redirected to the Payments & Deposits on MyTime with the Quickbook connected
- Click Save
You’re all set!
- What Happens when you Connect your Accounts?
- View MyTime Transactions in QuickBooks
- Transfer Data to QuickBooks Desktop