MyTime allows you to sync your external Google calendar with your scheduler, ensuring that you won't be booked in MyTime during events scheduled in your external calendar.
Things to know:
- It is a two-way synchronisation that occurs whenever either side is updated. In other words, appointments created in MyTime will appear in the staff members' Google calendars, and conversely, appointments made in their Google calendars will be reflected in MyTime.
- Cancellation of an appointment in MyTime results in its deletion from Google Calendar
- Each staff member has the capability to synchronise with one external calendar
- If the Google Calendar is disconnected and subsequently reconnected for the same staff member and the same calendar, all appointments created between the disconnect and reconnect periods will be synced to the Google Calendar.
If you wish to synchronise your Google calendar with MyTime, follow these steps below:
- First, log into your MyTime account
- Go to Business Setup > Staff
- Choose the staff member whose schedule you want to link to Google (for example, in this instance, we're connecting Grant)
- When you click on a staff member, their staff profile will appear
- Select Sync External Calendar
- Next, select Google Calendar
- If you are not already signed in to your Google account, you will be prompted to do so
- Once signed in, grant MyTime access to your Google calendar
- Verify the calendar you wish to see MyTime appointments on
- When you've finished connecting your calendar, the staff member's profile will read "Calendar Synced". The date and time of your most recent sync will appear right beneath the Calendar Synced heading (see below).
If you'd like to view external calendar events in your schedule, make sure "Display external calendar events on Schedule" is switched to YES (see below).
Once you've completed these steps, appointments from your calendar will appear in your schedule, and these time slots will be blocked to avoid any double bookings.
We hope this helped! If you have any additional questions feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.