MyTime provides the option to mandate a prepaid deposit during the class booking process. This feature allows you to impose a deposit fee, either in a fixed dollar amount or as a percentage, for particular classes or across all classes. In this article, you will learn how to:
- Configure Deposit Fee for a Class
- Collect Deposit Fee on the Booking Widget
- Collect Deposit Fee In-Store
- Refund Deposit Fee
Things to know:
- The deposit fee is set per account, not per location. If an account has multiple locations, the deposit fee will be applied to all locations.
- The deposit fee cannot be tailored to a specific client type. For instance, new client vs. existing client
Parent companies have the option to allow or prevent the implementation of deposit policies across child accounts. This is controlled by the “Enable Deposit” setting on Business Setup > Settings.
When the setting is enabled at the parent level, it will also be active at the child level, but child accounts can always disable it.
When the setting is disabled at the parent level, it cannot be turned on at the child level, and the deposit fee will not be applied to child accounts (even if it was previously enabled).
- When collecting the deposit for classes in-store, you can edit the deposit amount to collect more or less than what is configured for the deposit
- A class cannot have a cancellation fee as well as a deposit. If a deposit is set for a class, no cancellation fee will be charged.
- For online bookings, clients will enter their credit card and payment will immediately be taken and applied towards the ticket. Once the class session is completed we charge the balance of the total class price to the client's card.
- Staff members can choose to waive the deposit when a client is registered for a class session in-store. If they choose to collect a deposit, they will be directed to the POS to take payment for the deposit fee.
- Percentage (%) deposit will always apply to the full price of the class before discounts
- If a class enrolment is covered by a membership or package, the deposit fee will not be charged at the time of booking but will be charged if the class session is canceled.
- If the class session is canceled, the payment we took at the time of booking remains as per your arrangement with your client. However, if desired, you can refund the deposit in POS.
- When booking “online” if the payment is rejected, the client will NOT be registered for the class
- The deposit fee that was paid will be displayed on SMS & email receipts
- Gift cards and promotional codes cannot be used to cover deposit fees
Configure Deposit Fee for a Class
To set up a deposit fee for your classes:
- Navigate to Business Setup > Settings
- Locate the Deposit Policy section
- Toggle the Require Deposit? option to YES
- Click on the Set deposit by class hyperlink
- A modal will appear in which you can choose which classes should require a deposit and whether the deposit should be a flat amount or a percentage of the class price
- Set your preference (only integers are allowed)
- Save your changes in the modal and at the bottom of the Settings page
You've successfully set up a class deposit.
Collect Deposit Fee on the Booking Widget
Your clients can register for a class with a deposit fee online by doing the following:
- Navigate to your website/booking widget
- Choose their preferred location
- Select the desired class
- Proceed to checkout
- On the checkout page, they will be notified of the deposit amount and required to enter a credit card.
- Below booking summary, they will see the following:
- Charged Today - Displays the deposit amount that was charged
- Charged After Class - Displays the balance remaining after the deposit is deducted from the class price
- Once they complete their booking, the same information in the previous step will also be displayed on the confirmation page.
Collect Deposit Fee In-Store
To collect a deposit fee in-store:
- Navigate to the schedule
- Click on the class/event
- Select the View Attendees button
- When the roster opens, click on Add Attendee
- Search for an existing client or add a new client
- Next, select the Add button
- The client will then be successfully registered for the class session
- Select Collect Deposit button
- You will be directed to the POS to process the payment and save the ticket
Once the deposit is paid, you will be redirected to the class roster.
Refund Deposit Fee
If a client's enrolment is canceled, the payment you took at the time of booking remains as per your arrangement with your client. However, if desired, you can refund the deposit in POS. On the Closed ticket, their enrolment will be marked as canceled, and only the deposit fee amount will be displayed.
To refund the deposit fee on a canceled enrolment:
- Select the Open Ticket button on the class roster
- When the ticket opens, select the Refund button
- Tap the Next button
- Select the Refund button to complete the refund
Refund successfully processed!
If you have any questions, please contact our Support Team at email@example.com.