In this article, we'll walk through how to set up and install a Facebook (Meta) Pixel on your MyTime embeddable widget on your website or the express checkout page.
Things to know:
- You can use the Facebook pixel to:
- Make sure your ads are shown to the right people - Find new customers, as well as people who have viewed a specific page or performed a desired action on your website.
- Drive more sales - Set up automatic bidding to reach those who are more likely to perform a desired action, such as making a purchase.
- Measure the results of your ads - Improve your understanding of the effectiveness of your advertisements by tracking what occurs when people see them
- Tracking events with the Facebook pixel refers to the practice of measuring and reporting any activities that a user does on a website, regardless of whether they came from an ad or not. This includes page visits, clicking on links inside pages, clicking on buttons, and any other contact with the website.
- Tracking conversions with the Facebook pixel refers to the process of measuring and reporting the specific actions that a user takes on your website after clicking on an ad. This can include things like making a purchase, signing up for a newsletter, or filling out a form. To track conversions, you will need to set up conversion events on your website and then configure them in your Facebook Ads Manager.
- Please note you will need to re-embed the widget on your website once you update the setting
Configure Facebook (Meta) Pixels
To configure Facebook pixels:
Navigate to https://www.facebook.com/events_manager
Log in using your Facebook credentials
- Click Connect data sources on the left panel
- Select Web and click Connect
- Enter a name for your Facebook Pixel. For example, MyTime Salon
- Click on Create Pixel button
- Enter your website URL to check for easy setup options. For example www.mytimesalonmytime.com
- Click Next
- Choose how you'd like to connect your website and send web activity to Facebook
- Click Next
- Set up Conversions API to connect website activity
- From the pixel homepage, copy the Pixel ID
Once you've created your Meta Pixel, you're ready to paste the pixel code on your MyTime booking widget.
Install Facebook Pixel on your Booking Widget
Login to your MyTime account:
- Navigate to Business Setup > Website Tools
- Select the Setup button next to Add Appointment Booking to Your Website
- Select the Booking Widget or Express Checkout option then proceed to set up the widget
- On your Booking Page Setup, in the Facebook Pixel ID field, paste the Facebook Pixel ID
You have successfully added the Facebook Pixel ID to your MyTime widget. The pixel will log when someone takes an action on your website. Examples of actions include adding an item to their shopping cart or making a purchase. The pixel receives these actions, or events, which you can view on your Meta Pixel page in Events Manager. From there, you'll be able to see the actions that your customers take. You'll also have options to reach those customers again through future Facebook ads. Learn more about Facebook (Meta) Pixels here.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.