Membership cancellation reasons can be enforced through MyTime. In this article, we'll go through how to create and use membership cancellation reasons.
Things to know:
- For franchise businesses, membership cancellation reasons is configured at the child level
- Memberships cannot be canceled without a selected reason once membership cancellation reasons are enabled
To add a membership cancellation reason:
- Navigate to Business Setup > Settings
- Under the Membership section, locate the "Activate Membership Cancellation Reasons setting Dropdown" and toggle to YES
- Once enabled, you will be able to add your cancellation reasons by using the +Add link. These will be the dropdown menu options for providing a reason for cancellation
- Click "+Add" link to expose the field to add your reasons. Repeat this process for each of your cancellation reasons.
- You can also delete reasons as you see fit by clicking the red "x"
- After you've added your reasons, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save
Once you have saved your cancellation reasons, your staff members will be prompted to select a reason when cancelling memberships. The first reason entered in settings will be the one shown as default, however, you will be able to choose an option from the list.
Cancelling a Membership
- Navigate to the Clients tab
- Search for the desired client's profile
- Open the client's profile that you want to view
- Scroll down to the Memberships section
- Expand the arrow on the right next to the membership status
- When the edit membership modal opens, click "Cancel Membership" at the bottom left-hand corner
- Select the cancellation date (current date or future date) and the cancellation reason from the dropdown menu
- Confirm by selecting "Cancel Membership"
For more information contact us at email@example.com.