In the article, we will walk through the steps to update your vendor cost using ingest data.
- Navigate to POS > Inventory
- Click Vendor Profiles from the left-hand panel
- On the vendor profiles page, click "Export" in the upper right-hand corner. This will download the MyTime template as a ZIP file
- View the included Excel sheets by opening the file
- Open and modify the Excel spreadsheets listed below:
- Inventory_vendor_skus - Update the cost of the products needed to be updated
- inventory_manifest - This sheet should include the CSV files for upload and type
- CSV - inventory_vendor_skus.csv
- Type - vendor_skus
- batch_manifest - This sheet should include the folder with the CSV sheets to be uploaded and the type (Please note that including the batch manifest is optional)
- Download all 3 Excel sheets as a CSV file
- Go to your download folder and create a new folder called "inventory"
- Cut and paste both the inventory_vendor_skus.csv and the inventory_manifest.csv sheets into the "inventory" folder
- Create your zip file:
- From your download folder, highlight the "inventory" folder and the batch manifest sheet or right-click on the folder only
- Right-click one of the files and click "Add to Archive" or "Compress" depending on your device
- When the Archive Name and Parameter dialog box appears, change the archive format to "zip" and rename the archive to inventory. zip with a date
- Click OK
- Login to your MyTime account
- Click the arrow beside your name in the top right corner to see the Ingest Data option
- The page will be redirected to the Processed Batches page > Click the Upload File button
- Choose the zip file that you have saved on your computer then click Open - You will not see your file's name anywhere, and it will not import until you click the Import File button
- The file will appear below once it has successfully begun to ingest
- Once completed, the file will be assigned an end time and the status will be changed to Finished
Congratulations on successfully changing your vendor cost with Ingest Data. To see the changes, please visit the vendor profile.
For more information contact us at email@example.com.