In this article, we will walk through the steps on how to sell physical gift cards in-store via POS. To order physical gift cards, please contact our Processing Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get started:
- Navigate to POS > New Ticket
- Select Gift Card in the products tab
- A modal will appear
- Enter the card number that can be found on the back of the physical gift card OR click swipe and ask the client to swipe the gift card through your card terminal. Note** only Ingenico models support the swipe feature. If you do not have an Ingenico card terminal you will not see the swipe option.
- Enter the dollar amount and the name of the recipient. It can be an existing client or a new client.
- If you do not enter a recipient the gift card will not be recorded to a client and will show as a walk-In. In contrast, if you do add a recipient, the gift card will be available for use the next time this receipt/client is checked out. You will also be able to search the recipient/client name in the Gift Card report.
- Select Add
- The gift card will appear on the ticket, click on the Take Payment button
After you have taken payment and closed the ticket, the gift card number and the dollar amount will be stored in the client's profile and in the Gift Card Balance report.
Gift Card Balance Report